Makes 12 Muffins
Calories Per Muffin : 92 Calories
- 30gms Unsweetned Cocoa Powder
- 250gms Oatmeal
- 200ml Low Fat Milk or Skim Milk
- 50gms Plain Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50ml Honey
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4teaspoon unsalted Butter(Room Temp)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Grease 12cup Muffin tray with a little butter and sprinkle a dash of plain flour.
- In a large bowl combine oatmeal, plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine, milk ,egg, butter, honey, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients. Stir until blended( Do not over mix)
- Spoon the batter into the cups, filling each about 2/3rd full
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, for about 20 -25 minutes.
- Cool for 5minutes, remove from the tray and serve
Oatmeal Nutritional Facts:
Oatmeal is considered as magical food, given its many health benefits.It helps to reduce craving for food that are not good for you, which helps to loose your weight. It consists of higher fiber levels and lower fat levels and a good source of nutrition that helps to fight against heart disease by reducing bad cholesterol levels.
The main compound in oatmeal which makes it so healthy is 'beta-glucan', an all-star compound which helps in the treatment of diabetics and complications associated with it. Beta-glucans also promote wound healing and alleviate ischemic heart injury.
If you are looking for a food that can help you begin your day with lasting energy and which can help you lose weight, and can help in the fight against heart disease and other anxiety-inducing diseases, eat oatmeal.