- 200grams Macaroni
- 250ml low fat milk
- 25grams unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 150grams tasty grated cheese
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- Cook the macaroni in a large pan of boiling water according to packet instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a medium saucepan and add the plain flour. Cook for a minute over medium-low heat by stirring it.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring until smooth. Stir gently until the mixture comes just to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the grated cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Drain pasta and return to the pan. Pour cheese sauce over the pasta and stir until well coated. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped parsley.